Chinese food isn’t Kierstyn’s favorite, but I love it, so she’s nice enough to go with me once in a while. While the China Rose isn’t as good as the Jade Palace in Farmington, ME, where I grew up, it’s still a great meal.
We both got Chicken Lo Mien (us both getting the same meal is more common than you might think). It doesn’t come with rice, egg roles, etc. – at least at dinner – but it’s a good portion so you won’t feel hungry (Kierstyn even had some to bring home).
You do want to stick to the stand by items though – last time we visited, we made the mistake of getting too adventurous with the menu. I don’t recommend the Peking Noodles, even though I love Peking sauce, or the Crispy Rice Soup (which is, just what it sounds like – Kierstyn thought it was Crispy Chicken Soup – who wants crispy rice?).
If you’re careful with your selection though, it’s definitely worth trying. At dinner – if you get water – it’s just over $20 including the tip.
China Rose – probably not the best you’ve ever tasted, but the best (if only) in the immediate area.
- RT @asmallteapot: “Show my timer.” http://t.co/13OxVJ9cGz 1 week ago
- #ff @JossActual I know it's not Friday. I really do... 1 week ago
- RT @rosspruden: "63% had never backed a project before." http://t.co/rFmBJWBg9Q Big Kickstarters lead to the pie *expanding*, not contracti… 2 weeks ago
- They said: "receive a free orchid plant" I heard: "receive a free organ transplant" #strangefreebies 2 weeks ago
- Stop trying to think outside the box: instead, reinvent the corrugated cardboard industry. #lifetip 2 weeks ago