Helpful explanation of formats, focal lengths, distances, and how they effect DOF, framing, and foreground/background sizes. I finally understand how dolly zoom works (that strange, background/foreground shifting effect). From Philip Bloom.
I’ve been spending a lot of time reading about DSLRs (and EVILs), lenses, and film and video in general lately. They say the best way to learn is to write, so expect more about these exciting topics in the future.
- RT @asmallteapot: “Show my timer.” http://t.co/13OxVJ9cGz 1 week ago
- #ff @JossActual I know it's not Friday. I really do... 1 week ago
- RT @rosspruden: "63% had never backed a project before." http://t.co/rFmBJWBg9Q Big Kickstarters lead to the pie *expanding*, not contracti… 2 weeks ago
- They said: "receive a free orchid plant" I heard: "receive a free organ transplant" #strangefreebies 2 weeks ago
- Stop trying to think outside the box: instead, reinvent the corrugated cardboard industry. #lifetip 2 weeks ago