You can now use SendTo (version 1.1.1) to send clips from Final Cut Pro X to After Effects CS5/5.5/6, as well as Motion!

Here’s how it works: export your FCPX project as .fcpxml, drag it onto the app, and select the clip you want to send. Then click “Send To” to setup a composition preset with in/out, duration, frame rate and resolution in Motion or After Effects. It’s a great way to save time setting up compositions, and get right to work on grading, effects, etc.

Now available as free software under the MIT License.

7 Responses to Send Clips from FCPX to After Effects

1. Greg says:

Hello,
    I’m really considering buying your app but does it work with AE CS6?
    Thank you.

2. admin says:

Yep, it supports CS6.

3. Jed says:

I live in Australia is there any other method I can purchase the app with out having to go thru the App Store

4. Luca Nestola says:

Hi,
    I am trying to purchase the “send to” app but looks like it is not available in the App Store.
    Is there any alternative way to purchase it?

Thanks.

5. Luca Nestola says:

Ah no, I found a free download link on a website. Thought it was legal and that probably the app is simply a freeware now, that’s why it is no longer available in the App Store.
    So I downloaded it, but it keeps on crashing.

The thing is: I am ready to purchase it, but I simply can’t find a way to get it!

6. Alejandro says:

i can’t buy in the app store of may country (spain).
    How I can buy the application?
    thanks.

7. admin says:

Alejandro & Luca – it’s now available for free in all regions (see the link in the post). I’ve made a few updates, so hopefully it’ll stop crashing for you, but I’m not really able to support it anymore.